Every time you open a bottle of wine, you are transported on a journey of sensations unique to that bottle of wine. Although each bottle may take you on a different sensational journey, each is full of its own mysteries and can lead to some intriguing questions: what region did this wine come from? What food would be best to pair with this wine? Would my friends enjoy this wine? Should I host a party and try out even more wine? You can unlock the answers to all these questions and more by attending Capital Wine School’s fun and educational wine courses.
Why should I attend a wine course?
Whether you are new to drinking wine or have been touring vineyards for years, there is no better way to expand your knowledge than to attend wine classes. Wine has always been a part of life, but throughout history, it has been used for different status symbols and purposes. The Egyptians used wine as a sign of wealth and prestige; later it was used as the social norm for important events such as weddings. Now we have learned that in moderation, wine can be a great benefit to meals and parties. We are continuously learning about the wonders and benefits there are by understanding, studying, and drinking wine.
You can master the fundamentals of wine by attending our comprehensive wine courses
Have you ever wondered what people mean when they say, “full bodied”, “dry”, or “crisp”? What about when someone says the wine has “good legs”? What about the many different vineyards and how to read the label on wine? You won’t have to wonder about wine terms after attending our wine courses taught by our expert instructors. They make all of our classes educational but fun.
Here is a list of the wine classes offered at Capital Wine School:
- Beginner: Our beginner classes are designed to introduce you to the wide variety of types and styles of wine. The classes will place an emphasis on learning about the grapes, regions, and countries the wine comes from. Our beginner classes are designed for anyone who wants to learn more about wine. No previous experience or knowledge is needed.
- Intermediate: We have designed our intermediate classes to teach the difference in wine by their vineyards, locations, grape growing, and winemaking styles. We have also designed our intermediate classes for anyone who is looking to learn and understand more about wine.
- Advanced: These are our more challenging classes designed for the experienced tasters, wine buyers, and those who are preparing to take exams for the WSET, Master Sommelier, or Master or Wine.
We are also proud to say that our location is certified to teach wine programs for the WSET and the Wine Scholar Guild.
Here is a description of the WSET levels and classes:
- WSET Level 1 Wine Certification Course: The WSET Level 1 is designed for those who are new to the wine and hospitality business. You do not need to have any previous professional experience to begin the Level 1 courses.
- WSET Level 2 Wine Certification Course: You do not need to have completed Level 1 in order to start Level 2. This certification course level is suitable for beginners and for those who have some experience with wine. This qualification course is popular among wine and spirit employees and is great for all-around product knowledge. This course is also suitable for anyone interested in wine on more than just a casual level.
- WSET Level 3 Wine Certification Course: This course is only available to those who have completed and certified in the WSET Level 2 or can demonstrate they have an equivalent level of knowledge. This class is more demanding and is designed for those serious about wine and the wine industry.
- WSET Diploma in Wines (Level 4) Classes: The Level Diploma is the WSET’s flagship qualification that is designed to prepare those who are in the trade for senior positions within the wine and spirit business. This Level 4 course is also suitable for anyone who is a dedicated wine enthusiast and wants to build on their knowledge they learned at Level 3 to become an expert wine enthusiast.
The Wine Scholar Guild was designed to help consumers understand the wines and wine regions of France, Italy, and Spain. The Guild offers great instruction through print, webinars, study tripes, and classes with tutored tastings.
Here is a list and description of our Wine Scholar Guild Classes:
- French Wine Scholar™ Classes: This program is designed for advanced students of wine, whether you are a professional or a serious wine enthusiast, the French Wine Scholar™ Class is for you. This French Wine course will set you apart in knowledge from others and provide a more extensive knowledge of French wine.
- Italian Wine Scholar™ Classes: Much like the French Wine classes, the Italian Wine curriculum is designed to provide committed students of wine to understand all the wines and regions of Italy.
- Spanish Wine Scholar™ Classes: This class was designed for those wine professionals wanting to specialize in the wines of Spain and serious wine hobbyists whose main interest is everything Spanish.
What should you do with all this wine knowledge?
Now that you have taken the courses and become a master of wine, regions, grapes, and phrases, what do you do? You can host your very own educational wine tasting so you can discuss your new-found knowledge with all your friends. We offer private wine tastings and can have them at any location of your choosing. You can share your love and knowledge of wine with friends and family from the comfort of your home or get all dressed up and have a fancy night out. The choice is completely up to you.
We look forward to seeing you in one of our wine courses as you increase your love and knowledge of great wines through a fun education of this amazing drink. Contact us today for a class schedule and availability today. Space is limited.