The Capital Wine School offers courses and tastings for every level of wine enthusiast or wine professional. We offer classes for all major varietals and wine producing regions throughout the… Continue reading
The Capital Wine School offers classes for individuals pursuing a career in the wine industry as well as classes for wineries and importers looking to work with wholesale wine distributors,… Continue reading
Our Master classes are designed for experienced tasters, wine buyers, and those who are preparing for exams such as the WSET Diploma, Master Sommelier, or Master of Wine exam.
The Capital Wine School was founded by Jay Youmans MW with the vision of offering the highest quality wine education and tasting instruction available in the Washington, DC area. Our classes and events are fun and unpretentious, but offer the depth of knowledge and insight sought by those wanting to learn more about wine.
All our courses place particular emphasis on tasting skills and the essential knowledge required for understanding wine. Our mission is simple: we want to help you learn about, appreciate, and enjoy wine. And have fun doing it!
Search for Classes
Upcoming Classes & Courses
- Burgundy: Chardonnay & Pinot Noir from the Cotes de Beaune - Oct 28, 2016
- Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon - Oct 29, 2016
- Spanish Reds from Priorat, Spain - Oct 29, 2016
- Introduction to Wine Basics - Nov 4, 2016
- Wines of Tuscany, Italy - Nov 5, 2016
- Wines of Prosecco - Nov 9, 2016
- Understanding Sherry (Jerez - Spain) – Presented by Lucas Payà - Nov 10, 2016
- The Holy Grail of Pinot Noir: Cotes du Nuits - Burgundy, France - Nov 11, 2016
- Attitude from Altitude: High Elevation Wines - Nov 12, 2016
- The Top 9 Classified Bordeaux for the Money - Nov 18, 2016
- WSET Level 1 - Nov 19, 2016
- Chateauneuf du Pape - Nov 26, 2016
- Essential Blind Tasting Skills - Dec 2, 2016
- Champagne…and Its Few True Competitors - Dec 3, 2016
- Introduction to Wine Basics - Dec 9, 2016
- Oregon Pinot Noir - Dec 10, 2016
- WSET Level 1 - Dec 10, 2016