The Capital Wine School offers courses and tastings for every level of wine enthusiast or wine professional. We offer classes for all major varietals and wine producing regions throughout the… Continue reading
The Capital Wine School offers classes for individuals pursuing a career in the wine industry as well as classes for wineries and importers looking to work with wholesale wine distributors,… Continue reading
Our Master classes are designed for experienced tasters, wine buyers, and those who are preparing for exams such as the WSET Diploma, Master Sommelier, or Master of Wine exam.
The Capital Wine School was founded by Jay Youmans MW with the vision of offering the highest quality wine education and tasting instruction available in the Washington, DC area. Our classes and events are fun and unpretentious, but offer the depth of knowledge and insight sought by those wanting to learn more about wine.
All our courses place particular emphasis on tasting skills and the essential knowledge required for understanding wine. Our mission is simple: we want to help you learn about, appreciate, and enjoy wine. And have fun doing it!
Search for Classes
Upcoming Classes & Courses
- Introduction to Wine Basics - Nov 20, 2015
- Rich Reds for Cold Nights - Nov 21, 2015
- Introduction to Wine Basics - Dec 4, 2015
- New Twists on Old Favorites: Champagne and Port - Dec 5, 2015
- WSET Level 4 Diploma Unit #1, Seminar - Dec 16, 2015
- Introduction to Wine Basics - Dec 18, 2015
- WSET Level 3 Certification Course - Feb 8, 2016
- WSET Level 4 Diploma, Unit #2: Wine Production - Feb 9, 2016
- WSET Level 2 Certification Course - Feb 11, 2016
- WSET Level 2 Certification Course - Mar 31, 2016
- WSET Level 3 Certification Course - May 2, 2016
- WSET Level 2 Certification Course - May 26, 2016