The Capital Wine School offers courses and tastings for every level of wine enthusiast or wine professional. We offer classes for all major varietals and wine producing regions throughout the… Continue reading
The Capital Wine School offers classes for individuals pursuing a career in the wine industry as well as classes for wineries and importers looking to work with wholesale wine distributors,… Continue reading
Our Master classes are designed for experienced tasters, wine buyers, and those who are preparing for exams such as the WSET Diploma, Master Sommelier, or Master of Wine exam.
The Capital Wine School was founded by Jay Youmans MW with the vision of offering the highest quality wine education and tasting instruction available in the Washington, DC area. Our classes and events are fun and unpretentious, but offer the depth of knowledge and insight sought by those wanting to learn more about wine.
All our courses place particular emphasis on tasting skills and the essential knowledge required for understanding wine. Our mission is simple: we want to help you learn about, appreciate, and enjoy wine. And have fun doing it!
Search for Classes
Upcoming Classes & Courses
- Starting a Wine Import Business - August 21, 2014
- WSET Level 4 Diploma, Unit #2: Wine Production - August 25, 2014
- WSET Level 4 Diploma, Unit #3: Light Wines of the World - August 27, 2014
- Sommelier Secrets to Food and Wine Pairing - August 28, 2014
- French Wine Scholar Certification Program - September 6, 2014
- Introduction to the Wines of Tuscany - September 6, 2014
- Society of Wine Educators CSW Exam Prep Course - September 6, 2014
- Understanding the Wine Business in America - September 9, 2014
- WSET Level 3 - September 9, 2014
- WSET Level 2 - September 11, 2014
- Essential Blind Tasting Skills - September 12, 2014
- Tasting Group to Prepare for the Master of Wine Exam - September 15, 2014
- Sommelier Secrets to Matching Wine and Cheese - September 19, 2014