$695.00 – Online series with wine samples
Includes all WSET study materials, a case of wine tasting samples selected by Jay Youmans MW (packed in small screwcap bottles), 5 online sessions guided by a CWS instructor, and the examination.
This 5-class course will be taught via Cisco Webex on the following dates: July 16, 23, 30, August 6, 13 and the remote, online exam on August 27. Each class meets from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. The remote exam also begins at 6:30 p.m.
Students who enroll in the course will pick up their study materials and wine samples at the Capital Wine School prior to the start of the course, by appointment for curb side pickup between 12:00pm – 5:00pm on July 15.
***Cisco Webex invitations will be emailed the day before or the morning of the class date.
The aim of the course is to focus on the key grape varieties and regions of the world. While the course provides an overview of the wines and spirits of the world, including main wine grapes and regions, it also covers factors affecting wine quality and style, grape growing, and basic winemaking practices. The course emphasizes tasting assessment and the skills required to describe the aromas and tastes of wine. It helps to develop fundamental tasting and assessment skills. During each session of the class, students taste 8-9 wines. The exam takes 1 hour and consists of 50 multiple choice questions. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits, an internationally recognized credential in the wine industry.
17 Guided Learning Hours (including one hour for the examination) and 11 hours’ private study.
For detailed information about the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines, please click here to download a PDF of the WSET’s Specifications.
EXAM INFORMATION (The exam takes one hour to complete)
Due to covid-19, at this time we are only offering an online/remote exam option for this course.
Registrants should access the “RI-Candidate Information” document in the FAQ section of the website under “Can I Take My WSET Exam Online” to determine if this method of exam delivery is right for you.
Students who would prefer to wait to take a paper exam in person once conditions are safe to do so should email us at email@example.com after registering so we can make a note on your registration.
Important: Due to WSET exam order deadlines, students who wish to reschedule an in-person paper-based exam must notifiy us at least 17 business days before the exam date, and students who wish to reschedule an online/remote exam must notify us at least 9 business days before the exam date, in order to avoid paying a new exam fee. Requests for rescheduling after these times will incur new exam fees as follows: Level 1 – $75 / Level 2 – $125 / Level 3 – $195
System Requirements for WebEx Classes
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows OS support on Microsoft Surface Pro is supported.
- Each Webex Meetings monthly release is tested and certified against the current preview of monthly rollup and all semi-annual Windows 10 releases.
- Webex Meetings supports Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 with limitation that, for Webex meetings, Productivity Tools, and the desktop application, if a user doesn’t have administrator privileges, then an administrator is required to install the Webex Meetings applications and Productivity Tools.
Mac OS X
- FedRAMP-compliant Webex Meetings sites require Mac OS 10.13 or later.
- Starting with Mac OS X 10.7, Apple no longer offers Java as part of the Mac operating system. Since Webex Meetings previously relied on the Java browser plugin to download the meeting application for first-time users, users without Java installed found it difficult to join a meeting. The dependency on Java was removed. Instead, the user is asked to install a small plugin that, once installed, handles the rest of the meeting application installation and then starts the meeting.
|Webex Support is an exception, and is still dependent on Java. Mac users can still download and install Java to use Webex Support.|
- When you start or join an event using Webex Events for the first time on Safari 6.X and Safari 7, a problem occurs. After you have installed Webex, Safari requires you to trust the plugin for the site you are attempting to join or start the event from. The page will refresh after that, but you will not join the event. In order to join, go back to the link you originally selected and you will be able to join successfully.
- Class #5 WebEx or Zoom
August 13, 2020
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
- WSET LEVEL 2 WINE ONLINE EXAM
August 27, 2020
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Venue: Capital Wine School
Venue Phone: 202-792-5020Address: