$350 – Full-day online course with wine samples
Includes all WSET study materials, wine tasting samples selected by Jay Youmans MW, online class session guided by a CWS instructor, and the examination.
Wine samples will be available for curbside pickup by appoinment on July 10 between 12:00pm – 5:00pm.
Students who register on or before June 25 will take the exam online/remotely on July 18, 2020 at 10:00am.
Students who register on or after June 26 will take the exam online/remotely on August 1, 2020 at 10:00am.
EXAM INFORMATION (the exam takes 45 minutes to complete)
Due to covid-19, we are only able to offer an online/remote exam option for this course at this time.
Registrants should thoroughly review the following information regarding online/remotely-invigilated exam to determine if this method of exam delivery will work for you. RI_CANDIDATE_INFORMATION_3.1
Students who would prefer to wait to take a paper exam in person once conditions are safe to do so must email us at email@example.com after registering, or at least 17 business days prior to the scheduled exam – if we do not hear from you, you will be automatically enrolled in the online/remote exam option.
Important: Due to WSET exam order deadlines, students who wish to reschedule an in-person paper-based exam must notifiy us at least 17 business days before the exam date, and students who wish to reschedule an online/remote exam must notify us at least 9 business days before the exam date, in order to avoid paying a new exam fee. Requests for rescheduling after these times will incur new exam fees as follows: Level 1 – $75 / Level 2 – $125 / Level 3 – $195
***Registration is required by July 7 and there are no refunds or cancellations after this date.
***Cisco Webex or Zoom invitations will be emailed the day before or the morning of the class date.
For detailed information about the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines, please click here to download a PDF of the WSET’s Specifications.
6 Guided Learning Hours, including 45 minutes for the examination
This class covers the main types of wine, the most common grape varieties, wine service, storing and serving wine, tasting technique, how to describe the smell and taste of wine, and the basics of pairing food and wine. During the class, students taste eight different wines. At the end of the day, students take a 45-minute, multiple choice exam. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines.
Approximate Class Schedule
9:00 a.m. Class Begins
2:30 p.m. Class Ends
*There will be a break mid-day for lunch
System Requirements for WebEx
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows OS support on Microsoft Surface Pro is supported.
- Each Webex Meetings monthly release is tested and certified against the current preview of monthly rollup and all semi-annual Windows 10 releases.
- Webex Meetings supports Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 with limitation that, for Webex meetings, Productivity Tools, and the desktop application, if a user doesn’t have administrator privileges, then an administrator is required to install the Webex Meetings applications and Productivity Tools.
Mac OS X
- FedRAMP-compliant Webex Meetings sites require Mac OS 10.13 or later.
- Starting with Mac OS X 10.7, Apple no longer offers Java as part of the Mac operating system. Since Webex Meetings previously relied on the Java browser plugin to download the meeting application for first-time users, users without Java installed found it difficult to join a meeting. The dependency on Java was removed. Instead, the user is asked to install a small plugin that, once installed, handles the rest of the meeting application installation and then starts the meeting.
|Webex Support is an exception, and is still dependent on Java. Mac users can still download and install Java to use Webex Support.|
- When you start or join an event using Webex Events for the first time on Safari 6.X and Safari 7, a problem occurs. After you have installed Webex, Safari requires you to trust the plugin for the site you are attempting to join or start the event from. The page will refresh after that, but you will not join the event. In order to join, go back to the link you originally selected and you will be able to join successfully.
- WebEx or Zoom
July 11, 2020
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
- ONLINE/REMOTE EXAM
July 18, 2020
10:00 am - 10:45 am
- ONLINE/REMOTE EXAM FOR POST JUNE 25 REGISTRANTS
August 1, 2020
10:00 am - 10:45 am
Venue: Capital Wine School
Venue Phone: 202-792-5020Address: