2 hours, $95
Blind tasting wine is more than a parlor trick, or a way to impress your friends, it is the most effective way to develop your tastings skills.
This class is taught on Cisco Webex or Zoom, with wine samples available for curbside pickup by appointment on August 27 between 12pm – 5pm.
Learn to identify grapes and regions by color, acidity, residual sugar, tannin, alcohol, winemaking techniques, flavor, and aroma. These skills will help you improve your ability to assess, judge, describe, and buy wine (for both consumers and wine professionals). We will blind taste 12 wines, each followed by a debriefing and group discussion. You will learn how to:
- Assess the main components of wine
- Recognize the main styles of wine
- Identify the most important wine grapes and blends
- Understand the impact of soil and climate on color, aroma, and flavor
- Recognize winemaking techniques
- Distinguish between typicity, quality and style
- Assess the components needed for extended aging
- Describe color, aroma, and flavor
- Make final quality assessments.
**Important: If you are registering for more than one person, please be sure to include the other participants’ email address(es) when registering if they will be viewing the class from a different location/device.
***Cisco Webex invitations will be emailed the day before or the morning of the class date.
- August 28, 2020
6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Venue: Capital Wine School
Venue Phone: 202-792-5020Address: