$899.00 – Online series with wine samples
Includes wine tasting samples selected by Jay Youmans MW, 4 online sessions guided by a CWS instructor, and the examination*.
Students who enroll in the course will pick up their study materials and wine samples curbside at the Capital Wine School, by appointment, on May 4 between 12pm – 5pm.
This 4-week course will be held at online on May 7, May 14, May 21, and May 28, with the exam at the Capital Wine School on October 27, 2020 at 3:30pm.
*The original exam date of June 9, 2020 was cancelled by the WSET due to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 public health emergency. If a special exam date prior to the October 27 exam is established/announced by the WSET, students will have the option of attending the earlier exam date.
This course covers tasting technique, Port, Sherry, Madeira, fortified Grenache and Muscat, and other fortified wines of the world. Students will gain an understanding of how grape growing, winemaking, maturation, wine law and wine business influences the style, quality and price of the principal fortified wines of the world. The exam is 90 minutes and consists of an assessment of 3 wines tasted blind, and multiple-part open response theory questions.
The course fee includes the 4-week course and the Unit D5 Examination at Capital Wine School.
***Registration deadline May 3, 2020.
***All Diploma study materials are located online, and no physical study booklets are issued.
***Cisco Webex invitations will be emailed the day before or the morning of the class date.
System Requirements for WebEx
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows OS support on Microsoft Surface Pro is supported.
- Each Webex Meetings monthly release is tested and certified against the current preview of monthly rollup and all semi-annual Windows 10 releases.
- Webex Meetings supports Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 with limitation that, for Webex meetings, Productivity Tools, and the desktop application, if a user doesn’t have administrator privileges, then an administrator is required to install the Webex Meetings applications and Productivity Tools.
Mac OS X
- FedRAMP-compliant Webex Meetings sites require Mac OS 10.13 or later.
- Starting with Mac OS X 10.7, Apple no longer offers Java as part of the Mac operating system. Since Webex Meetings previously relied on the Java browser plugin to download the meeting application for first-time users, users without Java installed found it difficult to join a meeting. The dependency on Java was removed. Instead, the user is asked to install a small plugin that, once installed, handles the rest of the meeting application installation and then starts the meeting.
|Webex Support is an exception, and is still dependent on Java. Mac users can still download and install Java to use Webex Support.|
- When you start or join an event using Webex Events for the first time on Safari 6.X and Safari 7, a problem occurs. After you have installed Webex, Safari requires you to trust the plugin for the site you are attempting to join or start the event from. The page will refresh after that, but you will not join the event. In order to join, go back to the link you originally selected and you will be able to join successfully.
October 27, 2020
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Venue: Capital Wine School
Venue Phone: 202-792-5020Address: