$1,395 – Online series with wine samples
Includes all WSET study materials, wine tasting samples selected by Jay Youmans MW, 10 online sessions guided by a CWS instructor, and the examination.
Students who enroll in the course will pick up their study materials and wine samples curbside at the Capital Wine School, by appointment. Curbside pickups for this course are currently scheduled for May 4 between 12pm-6pm, and June 8 between 12pm-6pm, but are subject to change.
*Registration deadline April 29, 2020.
This 10-class course will be held online on the following dates: May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, July 7; exam at the Capital Wine School July 14. Each class meets from 6:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. Please note that the exam begins at 7:00pm, but students should plan to arrive by 6:30pm.
The aim of the course is to provide detailed analysis of the principal wines of the world. Students will also benefit from in-depth tastings where they will learn to identify product style and quality. Emphasis is given to tasting assessment skills. Course content includes the following:
Unit 1 – Wines of the World
- Production of Wine (location, viticulture, vinification, maturation, and bottling)
- France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Central and South Eastern Europe, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand, North America, South and Central America
- Still Wines
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified (Liqueur) Wines
- This unit is evaluated by a multiple choice paper of 50 questions and a question paper requiring short written answers
Unit 2 – Tasting and Evaluating Wines of the World
- How to taste wines and evaluate the quality, style and price
- Students will learn to write tasting notes by tasting and assessing 8-10 wines during each class.
- This unit is assessed by a blind tasting paper of two wines
The exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 50 questions, a question paper requiring short written answers, and full written tasting notes on two wines. Those who pass the exam receive the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, an internationally recognized credential in the wine industry.
The course fee includes the 10 classes at Capital Wine School, the WSET Level 3 study guide, and the exam at Capital Wine School.
Note: This qualification is open to students who hold the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits or can demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge. It is recommended that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award. This qualification is a prerequisite for candidates planning to study for the WSET Level 4 Diploma in Wines qualification. A student must pass the WSET Level 3 exam before registering for the Diploma program.
32.5 Guided Learning Hours (including the 2.5 hour examination) and 51.5 hours private study.
For detailed information about the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines, please click here to download a PDF of the WSET’s Specification.
System Requirements for WebEx
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows 8.1 32-bit/64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
- Windows 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB
- Windows OS support on Microsoft Surface Pro is supported.
- Each Webex Meetings monthly release is tested and certified against the current preview of monthly rollup and all semi-annual Windows 10 releases.
- Webex Meetings supports Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016 with limitation that, for Webex meetings, Productivity Tools, and the desktop application, if a user doesn’t have administrator privileges, then an administrator is required to install the Webex Meetings applications and Productivity Tools.
Mac OS X
- FedRAMP-compliant Webex Meetings sites require Mac OS 10.13 or later.
- Starting with Mac OS X 10.7, Apple no longer offers Java as part of the Mac operating system. Since Webex Meetings previously relied on the Java browser plugin to download the meeting application for first-time users, users without Java installed found it difficult to join a meeting. The dependency on Java was removed. Instead, the user is asked to install a small plugin that, once installed, handles the rest of the meeting application installation and then starts the meeting.
|Webex Support is an exception, and is still dependent on Java. Mac users can still download and install Java to use Webex Support.|
- When you start or join an event using Webex Events for the first time on Safari 6.X and Safari 7, a problem occurs. After you have installed Webex, Safari requires you to trust the plugin for the site you are attempting to join or start the event from. The page will refresh after that, but you will not join the event. In order to join, go back to the link you originally selected and you will be able to join successfully.
- WSET Level 3 Wine- Exam *Subject to Change*
July 14, 2020
7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Venue: Capital Wine School
Venue Phone: 202-792-5020Address: