4 week course, $275
The course will be based around a 4-week, 7 module online learning programme with educator support available for this time. The course modules should be followed in order, but students are free to complete the modules at their own pace during this 4-week window. The course material should take about 6 hours in total to complete, plus revision time.
The course prepares the student for the WSET Level 1 Wine qualification and they are guided by a WSET educator. The student can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course, should they have any questions. Each week includes a series of independent activities to help students understand the differences between grape varieties and types and styles of wine.
All study materials are included in the online course. Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for this mode of study. Students are advised to taste a range of wines during their studies. All the required wines for the course can be found in the online Equipment List. Any additional wines can be found in the Specification. Students can post their tasting notes in the Online Classroom for review by the educator.
Module 1: What is Wine & How is it Made?
Module 2: Types & Styles of Wine
Module 3: Introduction to Tasting
Module 4: Grape Varieties & Wines
Module 5: Storage & Service of Wines
Module 6: Pairing Food & Wines
***Study materials will be mailed to students 5-7 days before the course start date via USPS Priority Mail.
***The exam will be given at the Capital Wine School – Washington, DC. It takes 45 minutes to complete.
***The registration deadline for this course is December 18, 2019, and there are no refunds or rescheduling after this date. Due to the holiday schedule, we will be unable to accommodate any requests for late registrations after the December 18 deadline.
Students will require access to a computer (recommended) and/or smartphone or tablet with the following minimum requirements:
• Operating Systems – Windows 7 and newer, Mac OSX 10.6 and newer, Linux – chromeOS
• Mobile Operating System Native App Support – Android apps require version 5.0 or later and iOS apps require version 11 or later. All Android and iOS both support the two most recent versions of their respective operating systems.
• Computer Speed and Processor – use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible, 1GB of RAM, 2GHz processorCa
• Internet Speed – along with compatibility and web standards, system carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments, minimum of 512kbps
• Other required software – Adobe Reader XI or equivalent.
Course Code: O1WI2001APP
- Exam Date
February 29, 2020
2:30 pm - 3:15 pm