French Wine Scholar Certification Program
Cost: $795 ($695 if you register before March 31st)
The French Wine Scholar is the official curriculum for French wine as endorsed by Wines of France and the French National Wine Office. It was developed by the French Wine Society to provide current, accurate information on the wines and regions of France.
Intermediate to advanced students of wine who follow this in-depth curriculum and pass the exam will earn the French Wine Scholar (FWS) post-nominal.
The exam consists of 100 multiple-choice questions regarding all French wine regions. The French Wine Scholar (FWS) credential will be conferred to those individuals who achieve a score of 75 or higher.
The course includes 8 classes, and the FWS exam:
• Loire Valley
• South of France
• French Wine Scholar exam
Includes: 8 classes, and the FWS exam
• 16 hours of instruction with tutored tastings ( each class is 2 & 1/2 hours)
• A 250-page, full-color FWS Study Manual & FWS exam registration (a $125 value)
• Access for 1 full year to the FWS Online Study Program (a $285 value)
• Earning the French Wine Scholar (FWS) professional wine certification upon passing the FWS exam
• We will taste 6-8 wines each class
Dates: April 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28, June 4,11,18, and Exam June 25th
Tuition: $795 ($695 if you register before March 31st)